What is cPanel?
Interactive Demo | How to Log in to cPanel | Reset cPanel Password
cPanel Overview: How to Use cPanel
- File Manager: View and Manipulate Files
- Images: Image Editing/Conversion Options
- Directory Privacy: Set Up Directory Privacy
- Disk Usage: View and Manage Disk Usage
- FTP Accounts: View or Create FTP Accounts
- FTP Connections: View Current FTP Connections
- Backup: Create and Manage Backups
- Backup Wizard: Create and Restore Backups
- MySQL Database Wizard: Create New Database and Database User and Assign Privileges
- MySQL Databases: View a List of Your Databases, Create and Delete Databases
- phpMyAdmin: Browse and Manage Your Databases Internal Structure
- Remote MySQL: Allow Remote Connections to MySQL Server
- Email Accounts: View, Create and Manage Email Accounts
- Forwarders: View, Create, Manage Email Forwarders
- Email Routing: Control whether Email for your domain is Hosted in the Same Place as Your Domain
- AutoResponders: View, Set Up or Delete AutoResponders
- Default Address: Set up a Default Address (catch-all address) to receive any mail for an invalid email address for the domain
- Track Delivery: Review an Email’s Delivery Route. Locate problems with email delivery.
- Global Email Filters: View, Create or Delete Email Filters for all of Your Email Accounts
- Email Filters: View, Create or Delete Email Filters for a Specific Email Address
- Email Deliverability: Help Keep Your Emails out of Your Recipients Spam Folder (SPF and DKIM)
- Address Importer: Import Email Address Contacts via .csv extension or Excel spreadsheet files (.xls)
- Spam Filters: Apache Spam Assassin, Enable and Manage Anti-Spam Settings
- Email Marketing: Access Email Marketing Services
- Box Trapper: Enable/Disable and Manage Box Trapper Spam Filtering Tool
- Configure Greylisting: Temporarily Reject Email from Unknown Senders
- Email Disk Usage: Manage Email Disk Usage, Clean Up Old Emails
- Google MX Wizard: Set Up MX Records to Use with Gsuites
- Site Publisher: Create Single Page Website
- Domains: Manage All of Your Domains from Within a List and View Document Root for Your Domains
- Add On Domains: Create, Delete, Manage Additional Domains (separate from your primary domain name)
- Subdomains: Create, Delete and Manage Subdomains. (example.mydomain.com, not to be confused with Add On Domains)
- Aliases: Create, Delete and Manage Aliases which allows your website to load from another domain
- Redirects: SetUp or Remove Redirects for your Domains
- Visitors: View Website Visitors Statistics like IP address, URL Viewed
- Errors: Displays up to 300 Most Recent Entries in your Website’s Error Logs
- Bandwith: See Bandwith Usage for your Site(s)
- AWStats: Visual Statistics about Visitors of your Site(s)
- Webalizer: Complex Stats Program that produces a Variety of Charts and Graphs about Your Website Visitors
- Webalizer FTP: Complex Stats Program. View Charts and Graphs about who has visited your site using FTP.
- IP Blocker: Block an IP address in the firewall from accessing your site or cPanel Login URL
- SSL/TLS: View, Install or Delete SSL Certificates for Your Domains
- Manage API Tokens: Create and Manage API tokens for cPanel API 2 and UAPI. See cPanel documentation.
- HotLink Protection: Prevent other Websites from Directly Linking to Files on your Website.
- ModSecurity: Security Toolkit for Real-time Web Application Monitoring, Logging, and Access Control.
- PHP Pear Packages: PEAR packages are collections of functions that allow you to perform tasks in PHP.
- Pearl Modules: Perl modules are collections of functions that allow you to perform tasks in Perl.
- Site Software: Site Software Manager
- Optimize Website: Enable Gzip Compression to Compress Your Website Files to Help with Performance
- MultiPHP Manager: Manage PHP Settings for your Domains / Change PHP Version
- MultiPHP INI Editor: Manage PHP variables such as upload sizes, file timeouts, and resource limits.
- Cache Manager: Manage, Configure and Customize Server Nginx Cache for your Websites
- Cron Jobs: Create and Manage Cron Jobs which allow you to Automate Certain Commands or Scripts on your Site.
- Track DNS: Find out Information about any Domain, Trace Route Server to the Computer you are Accessing cPanel from.
- Indexes: Prevent Others from Browsing Your Directories when there is no “index.htm,html,php” file Present.
- Error Pages: Website Error Logs and Information to Find Broken Links or Problems with Missing Files
- Apache Handlers: Control how the Apache web server software manages certain file types and extensions for your site.
- Mime Types: MIME types tell browsers how to handle specific extensions.
- Virus Scanner: Virus Scanner for Your Hosting Account. Scan and Quarantine Website Infections.
- Password & Security: Change Your cPanel Password
- Change Style: Change the way cPanel Looks
- Contact Information: Change the Contact Information in Your cPanel Account where you Receive Notifications from cPanel
- User Manager: This module can be misleading. There can only be one user per cPanel Login, but you can view a list of all of your FTP and Email Accounts here.
Questions? Ask us!
How useful was this post?
Let us know what you think!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!